Do you know when you should pay a visit to your Tallahassee, FL, dentists, Drs. James Walton and David Cardman? It's a good idea to pick up the phone in any of these situations:
- Your Tooth Hurts: Tooth pain is an unmistakable sign that something's wrong with your tooth. It's important to see your dentist for any incidence of tooth pain, even if it comes and goes. Although the pain may be intermittent at first, it will probably become constant as your cavity gets bigger or the infection in your tooth worsens. Fortunately, your dentist can diagnose the source of your pain and offer treatments to protect your teeth and relieve your pain.
- Your Gums Are Sore: Sore, red, or puffy gums can be signs of gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease, or the more advanced form of gum disease. If untreated, the disease can damage gum tissue and bone and even cause tooth loss. A thorough cleaning or deep cleaning may solve the problem, or you may need more extensive treatment if you have severe gum disease.
- You Need to Replace a Lost Tooth: Replacing a lost tooth may not seem like a priority, particularly if the tooth isn't in a visible location. If you don't restore lost teeth, you may experience a change in your bite, overlapping teeth, chewing issues, or speaking problems. Bridges, dentures, or dental implants can fill the gaps in your smile and improve your appearance.
- You Have a Dental Emergency: Dental emergencies require prompt treatment to protect your oral health. Call the Tallahassee dental office immediately if your tooth is loosened or knocked out in an accident, your tooth breaks, you experience cuts to your mouth or face, or you develop the symptoms of a dental abscess. (Abscess symptoms can include swollen glands, facial swelling, pus or a pimple on the gum near the tooth, and severe, throbbing pain in your tooth or jaw.)
- You're Unhappy with the Way Your Smile Looks: Your dentist offers a variety of cosmetic dental procedures that can enhance your smile, including crowns to hide flaws, restore broken teeth, or strengthen weak or fragile teeth. Porcelain veneers or lumineers are a good choice if you want to conceal gaps, minor damage, and discolorations; change the shape and length of teeth; or whiten your entire smile. Other options include Invisalign aligner trays to straighten your teeth discreetly or teeth whitening to remove stains that dull your smile.
Are you ready to make an appointment with your dentists in Tallahassee, FL, Drs. James Walton and David Cardman? Call (850) 893-2136 to schedule your visit.