If you're hoping to straighten your smile, you don't have to picture yourself wearing traditional braces with metal brackets, instead, visualize braces that are virtually undetectable: inventive clear aligner trays, known as Invisalign. Your Tallahassee, FL, dentists, Dr. James Walton and Dr. David Cardman, are pleased to share valuable information regarding Invisalign.
The Goal Of Wearing Invisalign
Many people believe that orthodontic treatment is only for kids and teens, but recently more adults are realizing that this is a misconception. Traditional braces may seem to be the only option when hoping to correct crowded teeth, an overbite, or crossbite—but not to fear, this is false!
Your dentist will take an impression of your teeth and carefully apply adjustments before your aligner trays are constructed with a flexible, plastic material. This type of accuracy is simply unachievable with traditional braces.
Consider The Details
Though Invisalign is a very efficient and impressive treatment, your dentists in Tallahassee, FL, believe it's crucial to familiarize yourself with the key aspects are for the clear alignment trays.
The Invisalign treatment process includes:
- Always wearing your aligners—the clear trays are typically worn between 20-22 hours every day and are to only be taken out during meal times
- Brushing and flossing your teeth after every meal—including your daily dental care routine
- No limitations to types of foods consumed—traditional braces require you to avoid certain foods to prevent any damage to wires or brackets
- Though you should closely adhere to a wearing schedule, the convenience of removing Invisalign is one of the most alluring perks.
- The same oral hygiene practice—besides brushing and flossing after every meal, there are no additional steps necessary to maintain healthy teeth and gums!
- A reliable timeline—Dr. Walton and Dr. Cardman provide a realistic and accurate treatment duration
It's important to consider all of your options when receiving corrective dental treatment, as it's a major investment. If you're looking to restore your smile with Invisalign in Tallahassee, FL, your dentists, Dr. Walton and Dr. Cardman, provide a comprehensive, personalized treatment plan. Schedule your appointment today, by calling our office at (850) 893-2136.