Our Tallahassee, FL Dental Staff
All the professionals at our office maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in dentistry.
James Walton III, DDS
Tallahassee, FL Dentist
Dr. Walton, “Dr. Jay” as is he is called by patients and friends, is a family man and outdoorsman who is concerned about our community and supportive of community needs.
Extremely active in local, state, and national dental associations, Dr. Walton has served in the following capacities:
- FDA liaison to the Florida Board of Dentistry .
- Past president of the Leon County Dental Association , the Northwest District Dental Association , and the Florida Academy of Dental Practice Administration .
- Florida Dental Association - Political Action Committee board member for 11 years; the last seven as chairman.
- Member, Florida Dental Association House of Delegates for 10 years; the last five as Northwest District delegation chairman
- Past member of the Council on Dental Care
- Vice-chairman of the ADA Council on Governmental Affairs, Washington, D.C.
- American Dental Association Political Action Committee for four years, Washington, D.C.
- Florida Dental Association Financial Advisory Board member for the Florida Dental Health Foundation
- Immediate past chairman of the Florida Dental Association Foundation
- Organizer and Volunteer for the Florida Dental Association Foundation Mission of Mercy to provide dental care to the underserved
- Volunteer for Project Dentists Care at the Railroad Blvd. Dental Clinic in Tallahassee
Choctawhatchee High School
in Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Florida
Graduated with a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Emory University College of Dentistry
Served as a dentist in the United States Navy with a rank of Lieutenant Commander
Dr. Walton maintains membership in the Leon County Dental Association, the Northwest District Dental Association, the Florida Dental Association, the American Dental Association, the Academy of General Dentistry, the American College of Dentists, the Piere Fuchard Academy, and the International Academy of Mini Dental Implants
2008 Florida Dental Association Service Award
2009 Florida Dental Association Dentist of the Year
2014 Florida Dental Association Lifetime Achievement Award
David W. Cardman, DMD
Tallahassee, FL Dentist
Dr. Cardman is very pleased to call Tallahassee his home. Originally from Lakeland, Dr. Cardman grew up in his father’s dental practice and has several other family members in the dental field. He attended the University of Florida as an undergraduate, earning his Bachelor of Arts in English in 1993. After a ten year career in the business world, Dr. Cardman pursued post-baccalaureate studies and was ultimately accepted to the University of Florida College of Dentistry , where he earned his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree in 2011.
Dr. Cardman is a certified Invisalign Orthodontics provider, has extensive experience with Cerec CAD/CAM technology, and is a clinical evaluator for the prestigious Clinician’s Report in Provo, Utah. He supports and volunteers regularly with Capital Medical Society’s “We Care” program, offering charity dental care to those in our community who need it most. He has served as Courtesy Clinical Assistant Professor in the Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Department at the University of Florida College of Dentistry. He is the 2017/18 Leon County Dental Association President and maintains current membership with the Northwest Dental Association, the Florida Dental Association and the American Dental Association.